Fulham’s Sessegnon nominated for four EFL Awards
Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon has been nominated in four categories for the 2018 EFL Awards, which will be announced on April 15.
The 17-year-old wingback has netted 14 goals for the Cottagers in an impressive campaign as the west London club target promotion from the Championship.
Sessegnon has been shortlisted for the Championship Player of the Season, Young Player of the Season, Apprentice of the Year and has also made it into the Team of the Season.
Wolverhampton Wanderers playmaker Ruben Neves and Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney are also up for the Championship Player of the Season accolade.
In League One, the nominations for player of the season are Blackburn’s Bradley Dack, Nick Powell of Wigan and Peterborough striker Jack Marriott.
League Two’s shortlist comprises of leading goalscorers Billy Kee from Accrington and Cheltenham’s Mohamed Eisa alongside veteran Wycombe frontman Adebayo Akinfenwa.
All 72 managers in the EFL were invited to vote for their players of the season, with the individual winners set to be revealed at a gala dinner in central London later this month.
Other EFL awards to be announced include the Family Club of the Year, Checkatrade Community Club of the Year, Supporter of the Year, the Sir Tom Finney Award and Contribution to League Football award as well as the EFL Goal of the Year.
2018 EFL Awards Shortlist (selected)
– Sky Bet Championship Player of the Season: Tom Cairney (Fulham), Ruben Neves (Wolves), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
– Sky Bet League One Player of the Season: Bradley Dack (Blackburn), Jack Marriott (Peterborough), Nick Powell (Wigan)
– Sky Bet League Two Player of the Season: Adebayo Akinfenwa (Wycombe), Mohamed Eisa (Cheltenham), Billy Kee (Accrington Stanley)
– EA Sports Young Player of the Season: James Maddison (Norwich), Ruben Neves (Wolves), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
– EFL Apprentice of the Year – Championship: Alex Hunt (Sheffield Wednesday), Danny Loader (Reading), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
– Checkatrade Community Club of the Year: Blackburn Rovers (North West), Middlesbrough (Yorkshire & North East), Derby (Midlands), Charlton (London), Portsmouth (South East), Bristol City (South West & Wales)
– EFL Team of the Season – Sky Bet Championship: John Ruddy (Wolves); Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham), Conor Coady (Wolves), John Terry (Aston Villa), Ryan Fredericks (Fulham); Tom Cairney (Fulham); Ruben Neves (Wolves); James Maddison (Norwich); Bobby Reid (Bristol City), Matej Vydra (Derby), Albert Adomah (Aston Villa). Manager: Neil Warnock (Cardiff)