Chelsea face champions-elect Manchester City on Sunday, aware that Pep Guardiola’s side are almost certain to win their fifth top-flight league title this term.
Pep Guardiola’s side have a nineteen point lead over Chelsea after 28 games, having defeated Arsenal 3-0 at the Emirates on Thursday.
Chelsea remain fifth, and sit two points behind fourth-placed Tottenham, meaning they face a battle to secure qualification for the Champions League.
David Luiz is currently out with an ankle injuryA�and Tiemoue Bakayoko has aA�knockA�that he sustained in training. Bakayoko is not a long way from returning from injury.
Conte has confirmed that Ross Barkley is due to return from aA�hamstring injury and he is going to travel to Manchester City, with the possibility of making a return on Sunday.
Ethan Ampadu could also be out after coming off injured in the Uefa Youth League win over Feyenoord, over a week ago. He missed the FA Youth Cup game against Fulham on Tuesday night and he is receiving treatment, following his early substitution in the Neterlands.
Alvaro Morata made his first start for over a month in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United but he is still struggling with pain from his back injury.
Chelsea currently have no players suspended.A�Spain striker Morata is, however, one yellow cardA�away from a two-match ban after accumulating nineA�bookings.
Chelsea potential starting line-up
After Chelsea’s 1-1 draw against Barcelona, Willian hinted that the Blues might opt for a similar approach against Manchester City, who play a similar style of football to the Catalan giants.
That would mean Eden Hazard playing as a false 9, supported by both Willian and Pedro. Willian has netted inA�his last three games and now hasA�12A�goals for the season.
Morata’s poor form might lead him to being left out, as Conte appears to have settled on a first eleven again.
The busy winter schedule of two games-per-week has now eased off for Chelsea ahead of their trip to face City, giving them a whole week to prepare. Guardiola’s side played aA�Thursday night, rescheduled game, against Arsenal ahead of Sunday’s match.
Man City team news
Fernandinho ruled himself out with an ankle injuryA�after Man City’s Carabao Cup final win over Arsenal at the weekend.A�Fabian Delph remains suspended for Chelsea’s visit to the Etihad Stadium.
Raheem Sterling and Yaya Toure are doubts with muscle injuries and illness respectively, while Benjamin Mendy is on the long-term injured list with a torn cruciate ligament.
TV channel & kick-off time
The match takes place at 14:05 GMT on Sunday and itA�will be shown live in the UK on Sky Sports.
Best Opta match facts
- Chelsea have lost three of their last four Premier League games a�� as many as they had in their previous
23 in the competition.
- Indeed, Chelsea have lost their last two Premier League away games. Theya��ve not lost three in a row on
the road since March 2013 under Rafael Benitez.
- The Blues have won their last three Premier League away games against sides starting that day top of the table, most recently a 3-1 victory at Man City in December 2016.
- Last season, Antonio Conte became the first manager to record the top-flight double over a side managed by Pep Guardiola. In this game, Guardiola could become only the second manager to do so to Antonio Conte, after Delio Rossi with Sampdoria vs Contea��s Juventus in 2012-13.
- Eden Hazard has had a hand in eight goals in his last seven games against Manchester City in all competitions (4 goals, 4 assists).